Marvel versus Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;6wuEqob0siE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wuEqob0siE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

this is relevant to my interests

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;6wuEqob0siE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wuEqob0siE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

this is relevant to my interests

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Dude i do too. It pisses me off.

I AM AFRAID OF CHANGE!

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
i understand the structure and I kinda like it but its a bit bland and boring with the white background

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
so here's a cool video someone made

[video=youtube;uyQf4Un9bKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQf4Un9bKM[/video]

dont have a FUUUUUCKING clue why god damn BONNIE TYLER is playing in the background, but there is some niiice gameplay in it. One week!

:frank:

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Wow someone tells magneto "welcome to die" pre-fight.

amazing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I figure I'll merge all those posts I made since the game is inching closer.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 BASICS

Premise: MvC3 is a three on three fighting game with one person having control over all three characters. The core mechanic is tagging in teammates and using assists. While it can be wildly complex and nutty, it seeks to simplify things to make it more enjoyable to get into from the start. The movements and control scheme are simplified, which leads to a less rigid system in which creativity flourishes. I'll just go over some of the bare basics I've learned from reading up on the game.

Control Scheme: Rather than opting for a classical fighting game approach of different strengths of punches and kicks, MvC3 ditches that and relies solely on 3 attack buttons and a "launcher" button. In addition to these, special moves usually won't rely on anything more complicated than a qcf (quarter-circle-forward or the hadoken motion).

By default (this is on a stick layout, I don't know how they'll position attacks on a controller), the button layout is as so:

A B C
E 1 2

A being "Attack A", B being "Attack B", C being "Attack C", E being your "Launcher", 1 being "Assist 1", and 2 being "Assist 2"

Simplifying the controls at such a base level really cuts down on the time it takes to jump into the game and immediately have some satisfaction. For example, let's compare the inputs for a decent sized combo that uses attacks on the air/ground and ends in a hyper/ultra combo.

First up would be a combo with Chun-Li in SSF4. This will start in the air, go back to the air, then end in an ultra. It would look something like this.

up.png
left_charge.png
kick.png
punch.png
right.png
punch_2x.png
icon_cancel_into.png
(EX Lvl 2 Focus)
left.png
kick.png
kick.png
up.png
down.png

up.png
kick.png
down.png
downright.png
right.png
down.png
downright.png
right.png
punch_3x.png

SOOO GOD DAMN. So that's a lot to look at. Let's say we wanted to do the same sort of thing in MvC3 with a character like Viewtiful Joe. Let's see how that'd look

attack_button.png
attack_button.png
LAUNCH BUTTON
attack_button.png
attack_button.png
attack_button.png
attack_button.png
attack_button.png
attack_button.png
LAUNCH BUTTON QCF
attack_button_2x.png

Little easier, yes? Add on top of this that there's a simple mode (Simple mode turns the game into a smash brothers of sorts. Buttons are assigned to assists, specials, normals, and a super. No inputs other than the buttons and a direction are required.) Simple mode isn't made to be played against people who aren't using it, but it's a nice way to get acquainted with the game.

X Factor: Another thing in MvC3 is the X-Factor, which can be utilized a number of ways. It can be offensive, defensive, or just stylish, it's all up to the user. By pressing ABC and E at the same time, you go into "X-Factor" mode. This speeds up movement, regenerates red health, and raises your attack power. These multipliers are dependent on how much life your team as a whole as when you activate it. It's sort of meant to be a game changer of sorts to help you turn the tide. On the other hand, you can use it to cancel your moves.

For example, you could use Magneto's level 1 hyper combo Magnetic Shockwave, cancel it immediately with the X-Factor, then do the level 1 hyper immediately once more for double damage. The only thing to remember is that X-Factor can only be activated once per match, so use it wisely.

Advancing Guard: All Versus games have this, but it's a little beefier in MvC3. By pressing ABC at the same time while you're blocking a barrage of attacks, your character will force your opponent back some. This helps if you're trying to gain a little space because you are getting your ass stomped.

Tagging and Assists: Tagging and Assists are assigned to the same button in MvC3. Tapping it will bring out an assist and holding it will tag that character in. MvC3 has sought to end assist spamming, so it's important to know if you're character gets caught tagging in or assisting, the damage doesn't scale on them. This means if a 20 hit combo does 10 points of damage for the first five hits then diminishes every hit afterwards on a normal character, a character being tagged in will take a theoretical 200 points of damage since it won't scale. There are two neat ways to bring your characters in safely though.

DHC: The Delayed Hyper Combo isn't anything new but it's useful. If you unleash a hyper combo with your current character and wish to tag the next one in, simply input the command for their hyper combo before your point character's finishes. This will cut the first HC short and bring in your next character safely all while giving you an opportunity to make a big combo.

[video=youtube;pFkeX3j4A-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFkeX3j4A-w[/video]
for example, there's x-factor, an x-factor cancel, and a dhc​

Air Tagging: The new way in MvC3 is the team aerial combo system. By using the launcher button to knock someone into the air, you can then start an aerial combo. At the conclusion of this, you have 3 options. You can:

A) let the combo lapse and let your opponent fall harmlessly to the ground
B) Hit the launcher button neutrally to smack your opponent back down and get a bounce.
C) Or you can press the launcher button and a DIRECTION to start a team aerial combo.

If you choose option C, the screen will flash for a split second before your teammate can tag in. This is your opponent's time to "guess" your input and escape the combo.

For example, if I had Jay in an aerial combo and I tried to tag Chun-Li in using E+Right, if Jay presses E+Right during that window, he will knock me to the ground and end the combo. If he guesses wrong, I'll have a chance to tag someone in and extend said combo until I've cycled through all my players.

Ok that's all the stuff I know from skimming websites and such.

:oface:

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This game sucks cuz it don't have colossus or zangief. FUCK THIS GAME!