Thinking about pirating games for 3DS? THINK AGAIN

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I don't like this at all. It's really creepy and it's just about as bad as how Apple treats their customers.

I don't like it, and I don't want one.

I'll go play Zelda on my virtual console, or pull out my 64.

Fegs, all fegs I say.

I'm very upset about this.

It's bullshit.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Yes-Im-mad.jpg

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Surely someone with such technical expertise as Jay would realize that this shit will be overcome in a matter of weeks.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
It could work much like Microsoft does with Xbox Live. Nintendo keeps a log of your system and every game you play. They essentially have remote access to your 3DS any time you're near a wireless hotspot. If they see you've been playing pirated software, they shut you down. The only way to overcome that would be to tamper with the operating system and "spoof" the game logs. Problem is, if Nintendo can access your system to check out the game logs, they can surely see if their OS has been tampered with. Big N seems to be clamping down something fierce.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I'm sure there will be a way to disable the wireless radio. BAM, no more big brother. No more online play, either, but thats something I'm willing to sacrifice for piracy.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Well yeah, if you permanently keep your wireless signal off you could bypass it but like you said you'd have to go without any kind of internet interactivity.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Someone's going to find a way to turn off the "hot spot big brother check me out" feature and find a work around. And if not....I'm sure we all wanted a $300 paperweight right???

No-Sir-I-dont-like-it.jpg

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You can fool the xbox, and im sure it wont be a problem for this.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
nintendo can have my money as soon as more mega man legends 3 shit is announced

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Try and hack it all you want, but what makes you think you're gonna outsmart THIS GUY!?
195962-header.jpg