Monster Hunter Tri

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Anyone playing this? This games multiplayer is super addictive. I had played the Monster Hunters on PSP before but never really got super far. I've put about 80 hours into this one though.

.....joke about using Wii a lot more frequently since I got this game......

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I tried it out, and while I found it to be a lot more approachable then the PSP games, I haven't been able to stick with it. I put about 6 hours into it, but thats it, and I probably won't play it any more. Maybe its because I started playing SMG2, or maybe I just find it boring, I dunno.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Did you try playing online any? My friends and I always do that, hop on Skapz and all and murdertown some dragons. I've played maybe 5 hours offline.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I honestly haven't tried it online. Can you play online with the pirated version?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have the game too, but like sab got bored with it pretty fast.

I haven't played it online yet either, and I'm pretty sure you can SAB

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Not sure. They have event quests which is their way of introducing high level items and such which is pretty cool. The gear in that game gets to where it looks amazing.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Also, if you guys' version works online, lemme know if you wanna give it a shot and I'll battle monsters with you.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
meh, it always seemed like a huge time consumer, and with a wife and two kids its hard to find a 50 minute chunk of time to dedicate to a game

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah that's true. Most fights have a 50 min timer but only take 15-20 mins unless you go in undergeared. Occasionally one will take the full time, though some are only 30 mins cap.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Only thing I know about this game is that you can apparently smash a deer with a gigantic sward.

leetsoup

Deku Sprout
Jun 5, 2010
in my opinion, the game is just wack, it sucks. it's monotonous and extremely boring. i couldn't stand playing it much longer than an hour.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah, I could see it being boring for some.

However if you enjoy coop games or MMOs its right up your alley. If you like grinding solo and min-maxing, it's right up your alley without friends.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
my only problem with that game is that when I'm playing a Wii game, for whatever reason if it's not a Nintendo game I have this feeling its not gonna be good

and that combat system was kinda awkward to me

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I thought MHTri was alright, but it never held my attention the past few times I've played it. Which usually means I won't play it unless I'm extremely bored and tired of everything else.

CressDX

Deku Scrub
Mar 5, 2011
when i bought the game i didn´t like it so much, but after reading a little more abut it and looking at allt the weapons and armors that you could get in the game got me very exited,so now im addicted to the game and can´t stop playing it.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
when i bought the game i didn´t like it so much, but after reading a little more abut it and looking at allt the weapons and armors that you could get in the game got me very exited,so now im addicted to the game and can´t stop playing it.

Hmmm! I didn't particularly care much for it either when I first played. I guess I really need to sit down with it and give it another go. c: