mgs4

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, that's why every old person grows up looking like they're 22. What a perfectly sound, logical argument.

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
No it shouldn't. Older people make better soldiers. I mean, hell, the Master Chief is 41. :\ And the SSF (Special Special Forces, or Spartan 1.0's) are pushin' 80. And they're still kickin' ass and taking names.

Why can't Snake be like all the other super soldiers and be badass -and- elderly?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
wtf. basing the logic of "older people make better soldiers" on video game characters is humorously flawed.

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
Not when those video game characters are supposed to be super soldiers. The logic fits just fine.

Ravengm

Octorok
Sep 25, 2005
Well, when you consider that SPARTANs use cyber-engineered battle suits to enhance their combat functions, then yeah, experience does make a difference. But Snake just relies on his handy-dandy gun supply, some rations, and his athleticism. I'm not insinuating the game will be bad, but old people tend to lose some skills while gaining others.

Last edited:

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
Well, Spartan 1.0's were only juiced. No metal bones, etc. And Snake was a clone, and I do believe he was tweaked. So, he's not entirely -just- a soldier... <shrug>

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
you guys think way too hard about this. he's a sweet ass dude. leave it at that.

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
Ravengm said:
"Tweaked" doesn't mean it makes him super powerful, though.
Super Soldier doesn't mean super powerful, either. Spartan 1.0's weren't super powerful, just tweaked.

you guys think way too hard about this. he's a sweet ass dude. leave it at that.
No point in wasting cycles, though. So I may as well use them up on semi-pointless things. :3

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Dude. You guys really need to get outside. I mean, fuck. You guys are talking like Master Chief and Solid Snake are real. THEY'RE NOT. Like I said last night, just fucking die already.

Kuro

Octorok
Sep 28, 2005
You make assumptions too much. Wifi + laptop + outside = outside enough. I just happen to have an imagination. Something it would seem you gave up some time ago. ;.;.;

And I need to converse more because it means I get to focus on said cool. Not just acknowledge and move on.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Maybe I'll change my name to Rooster Cogburn.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
i think a more appropriate name for kuro would be flaming homosexual.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Last edited:

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
How's this for imagination. I imagine you'll never have heterosexual sex, ever. Yep. Sounds about right.