MASS EFFECT 3

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Between the Joystiq and IGN stuff, I've found out what Arrival is mostly about. Doesn't seem like it's the awesome Mass Effect 2.9 we were hoping for, but it's certainly gonna tell a bridging story it would seem. I'll spoiler it all just in case, but I'll REALLY spoiler the TWIST that we learn. Then again, I guess someone who typed these previews might not understand stuff, so take all of this with a grain of salt if you read it.

Arrival centers around Dr. Amanda Kenson, whom is a friend of Admiral Hackett of Mass Effect 1 fame. He implores Shepard to go save her from Batarians who are holding her captive and mentions that she has discovered a Reaper artifact that not only proves their existence, but is counting down Independence Day style to their arrival. They're about to hit a Mass Relay that links to the Mass Relay in Batarian space, so her idea is to blow that mother fucker up. Shepard goes about this alone and fights his/her way to the Relic with Kenson in tow. BIG M NIGHT SHYAMALAN TWIST INCOMING. DONT CLICK AGH.
Except once you get to the Reaper artifact dubbed "Object Rho," you find out that ol Kenson is indoctrinated and has kind of got you trapped. You eventually succumb to the assault and awake on a table later and that's ALL WE KNOW.
Fortunately, that's just the first mission of five from what we can tell, so GOD DAMN sounds exciting.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
2 days. I'm still worried about what place it's gonna hold in the storyline, but it sounds like it's gonna be fun on the bun.

8600Illusivemen.JPG

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This DLC =

ALL ABOARD THE MIDTOWN EXPRESS TO HELL

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
5 missions long. I assume it'll be a good couple of hours like the last two.

I think it'll have more story than Overlord, but probably less interaction that LotSB.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;HPPXpikoWAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPXpikoWAo[/video]

embed for great justice!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
GAH. I have to wait until Thursday when I get paid to DL this.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I REALLY should wait until Thursday to download this, but I don't know if I have the willpower. Due to my suspension I went a week without pay, so I'm kinda light on funds right now but GODDAMN I NEED THIS ASAP.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Jay, we all know that by some time tonight you will have already downloaded it, so save yourself some mental anguish and just download it asap.

Just finished downloading.

GO TIME

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Only got to play a little bit. I'll finish it up later. How successful does it bridge the last gap to the Reapers coming to earth?