MASS EFFECT 3

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
dstsd.jpg

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
REALLY though? We have a "Deal with it Jay" smilie now? God I don't mind the jokes now and then, but at some point enough is enough.

Fuck you guys. I'm going to Chicago.

bye

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So what we know

Imma just copy paste and comment in red.

Deeper RPG mechanics with an even more expansive skill tree. GOOD

Multiple good and bad endings affected by player actions and companion choice. DAMN RIGHT

Weapon mods change visual and operational characteristics. Weapons are accessible across all classes. Another good compromise.

Returning characters: Liara T'Soni, Kaidan Alenko and Ashley Williams. Well this is wrong. It's Kaidan OR Ashley and Garrus is confirmed.

Unconfirmed squad members: Garrus, Wrex, Mordin and Legion. Mordin better have a huge role god damnit.

James Sanders - a possible offspring of Mass Effect novel heroine Kahlee Sanders - can also apparently join your team. Not APPARENTLY. Whoever he is, he's confirmed too. God whoever wrote this is a MORON. Kahlee is NEVER said to have any offspring. A sibling maybe, but I can't remember. This is also confirmed to NOOOT be the sniper in the reveal trailer.

Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way. A bit HOKEY, but this works for me. Mainly the husks element, they look varied and it gives us a good idea of the enemies you'll face. I like that idea. Reapers are too big to fight and it's hard to believe you'd be fighting random mercenaries or something.

Just like Mass Effect 2 (PS3), ME3 has an interactive digital comic as a prelude to the story and to record pivotal series decisions for a player starting from scratch. mite b cool.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point. Kind of weird. They should let you defeat the Reapers and then hunt down the Illusive Man JUST like the Shadow Broker!
IN PAID DLC OF COURSE EA MOTHER FUCKERS HAHAHA

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Cerberus is after you by default? WELL SHIT, NO YA DON'T.

What about for all those goomers who saved the base? The Illusive Man should be all over their nut sacks.

It'd make more sense to swing it one way or another, depending on what you did with the base. I mean, it was pretty obvious the Illusive Man was going to turn on you, but why now?

As far as enemies, Husks are a given. Maybe some more Geth worshipping Harbinger? Mercenaries would be dumb. What, Harbinger made a few pit stops along the way to our galaxy and asked for some aliens with attitudes?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Apparently this is the rundown on the entire article:

* The Game begins with Shepard on Earth
* Shepard is on trial in regards to the events of Arrival
* Reapers invade while the trial is happening
* Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
* Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
* Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
* Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
* Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” interactive comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
* The Illusive Man plays a big role
* Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
* Enhanced RPG elements
* More freedom with character skills
* Larger skill trees
* Powers will evolve several times, not just once
* Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
* Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
* Numerous endings
* Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
* No multiplayer will be featured in the game

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011

* Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
* Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
* Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” interactive comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
* Enhanced RPG elements
* Larger skill trees
* Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
* Numerous endings
* Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available

Already been said.

:dwijay:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

* Enhanced RPG elements
* Larger skill trees
* Numerous endings

greatstory.jpg

Pretty much already said all this, but what good would it be without the "Lord of Reposting Easily Attainable Info" reiterating it.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I POSTED SCANS TOO YOU FUCKIN DOUCHENOZZLES.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Assuming that's Kaidan in the shot Jay posted above, he's wearing some strange looking armor. Both him and Ashley are a lot different looking. Almost SPECTRE-ESQUE!?

masseffect3oo.png

http://www.dramabutton.com/

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Another snippet of info from the guy who took the pictures.

Only other thing I realized I left out is that they watched a video of a segment involve a krogan vehicle train with Shepard riding along, and as it goes a Reaper comes down from the sky to attack. Shepard's vehicle is destoryed, and fighting the thing is impossible on foot. Then a Thresher Maw comes out of the ground and attacks the Reaper. The Thresher gets the upper hand by coiling itself around the Reaper, then drags it underground.

This is fucking retarded, yet awesome at the same time.

:hhh:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
me3notspoiloshl.png

BioWare's keeping the story under tight wraps until release.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Good. The Suicide Mission was basically the cornerstone of the marketing for ME2, so they had to divulge a lot of deets.

Let's just give periphery details (gameplay, basic story) for 3 and just agree that "STOP THE REAPERS" is the goal.

Make some more kickass trailers and I'll be happeh.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This also kinda sorta confirms what people were thinking about ME2 DLC. Most people thought it was testing a few assets for ME3 (gameplay for some things like the Mattock AR pictured above or for the reaction to aesthetic changes like the new Liara look)

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
[video=youtube;K9Zh8Idwe7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Zh8Idwe7E&feature=player_embedded[/video]